Friday, September 21, 2012

Project #3-C4T #1


For my first Comments for Teachers, I was assigned Mr. John T Spencer. The title of the first comment I commented on was 10 Differences Between Teaching and Coaching.In this post, he list 10 different reasons why coaching and teaching are different. He begins in clear visual steps throughout his post. Mr. Spencer briefly described his experience as a teacher and a coach. One out of the top ten differences that is really eye catching to me was when he addresses that, "When I coached, I was a visitor in someone else's space. I had little control over classroom culture and climate. If a kid misbehaved, it didn't feel personal. When I'm teaching, I'm part of a community." Before even reading his blog post, I never put much though into the differences between a coach and a teacher if anything I would have thought they were pretty similar.

I truly believe a great teacher has a tremendous amount of an affect on the community. I also believe it is a teacher's job to get involved to help make the community a better place, and as long as we teach children at a young age the right direction and always encourage. I understand Mr. John Spencer’s point on when he coached he felt like he was a visitor in one someone else’s space. He has little control on what happens inside a classroom, but as a coach he was a role model to his students.

In my next assignement for John Spencer, I chose a blog post on "What Does It Mean to be a Great Teacher?"As he instructs top ten reasons, he speaks out saying "He is struck that it takes years to reach." As a student teacher I sure don't have the knowledge as some teachers do with children. He even as a teacher and a coach admit he makes mistakes and he apologies, but when he succeeds he wants the student's to get the credit. This statement just goes to show on how greatly he appreciates his students' because without them he wouldn't be anything.

As I begin my comment, I read over this list and really began to put a little deep thought to what he is actually teaching especially to student like me that are still willing to learn and grab a hold of the useful knowledge. I know teaching will not be an easy road by no means because children from all over the community come from different background and are raised on how the parent is raising them. Children at a young age are very opening minded and if we can teach them the right direction, I believe we can always make that difference in their life. It is so important as a teacher especially teaching elementary to teach the students to learn how to share and manners. S a student myself I have had a lump sum of many great teachers and I have also had the teachers that just are all the time miserable. Teaching should never be looked at as just a job or a career; it is an activity every day to help the children expand their knowledge in many different ways.

1 comment:

  1. This blog has a great flow and reads so well! You can tell you really put a lot of thought into it, and your personal touches throughout really made for an interesting post.
    If I had to find a "real" mistake I would say that maybe you could vary your types of sentences and vocabulary a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete