Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Blog Post Assignment #11

baby using a computer


Little Kids... Big Potential

This video is about Little Kids...With Big Potential. The children use many different resources in their classroom.I must say I am really impressed upon the fact that the children seemed so interested in their assignments and projects. The first thing they begin talking about is their blogs. The students really seemed to enjoy blogging and receiving positive feedback. The blog is also an online portfolio for their work. Mrs. Cassidy found that she could coordinate homework assignments,writing assignments, and all other information in one website.

Blogging is a great learning experience especially for younger children. Young students love the attention from their peers.It blew my mind to know that a first grader understood the main rules of blogging, which is to never leave a negative comment on someone's blog. Also they were able to explain how they use all different tools of technology everyday. These tools allow the kids to post their own topic or idea they wanted to learn about.

Mrs. Cassidy is very pro technology, she made it clear in her video. She seems to make learning fun, which is a huge key for success as a teacher. She allows the classroom to make videos. These videos would help the student interact with other classmates and also learn at the same time. This helps students learn how to become more connected and communicate with others.

I really think it is a neat idea that the blogs can be used as a online portfolio. As a parent, I would strongly believe in looking at my child's online portfolio. I would love to be able to see what he or she is learning and how well they are doing in a particular area. I would find this to be very beneficial to the parents that want to have a part of their childs learning experience.

This past year I have learned a lot about technology. Anyone is able to do this type of work, it just takes a little more motivation. Overall, I very impressed with Mrs. Cassidy's classroom. When I begin teaching, I want my classroom to be just like hers. I could see that the children were so excited being in her classroom. I want my students to do more hands on activities and engage in every assignment or project. Blogging is another way to view information. Cassidy is showing the world just what a 21st century classroom looks like.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Hillary,

    Way to go on your blog post # 11. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your opinion on Mrs. Cassidy's classroom. I agree that she is a wonderful example of a 21st century teacher. I can tell that you took the time to listen to Mrs. Cassidy's students and ideas in the classroom.

    I found a few minor proofreading errors that will be an easy fix.

    1. .It blew my mind to know a first grade student one of the main rules of blogging, and that is to never leave a negative comment on someone's blog. ( I think you forgot something in this sentence, because it didn't quite make sense for me.)

    2. I really thing it is a neat idea that the blogs can be used as a online portfolio. (think)

    3. Mrs. Cassidy found that she could coordinate homework assignments,writing assignments, and all other information in one website. (maybe put all on one website instead) just an idea :)

    4. I could see that the children were so excited been in her classroom. ( maybe you meant to put being )

    Overall, I think you did a great job !
    Keep up the good work!

    Kayla Walker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I should of proofread but I did change my minor mistakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hillary,

    I like the thoughts that you commented on in your post. I think it is a great lesson to see how someone like Mrs. Cassidy can explain to us how technology is working for her in the classroom.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete