Wednesday, November 7, 2012

C4T #3 Post

The influence of a good teacher, can never be earsed


C4T #3

I was assigned to comment on Mrs. Kathleen's blog. The title of the first blog was 10 Internet Safety Tips for Students. These ten steps for internet saftey went in a very great detail. She believes it is important that students are taught these tips. She says the internet can be very helpful but at the same time very dangerous. Her hope is to teach students the key message at a young age. Check out her list!

My comment I left began like this:
My name is Hillary, I am a education major at the University of South Alabama! I really enjoyed reading and also learning a few things from your blog post. Safety tips are strongly important especially when working with younger students. I think it is important for parents and teachers to help the child understand there are rules. Yappy (the personal information you should not share online)- seems like a great way to help the kids understand the safety procedure. Thanks again for the many intersting facts that need to be spread to parents and teachers.

She responded back to my comment saying:
Thanks for commenting. I have found YAPPY to be an acronym that really resonates with my students. It’s an easy way for them to remember to keep their personal information private. I have used it with students aged 7-10 although I think it could work well with children of all ages.
Good luck with your studies. It sounds like you’re enrolled in an excellent course.

Another blog from Kathleen was Tips and Topics for Student Bloggers she goes in detail about quality blogs and how it is important. She made a poster with tips for student bloggers. It is avaliable for downloading or to print also. Then she also made a document with 20 ideas for blog post topics. I found this to be very helpful source!

No comments:

Post a Comment