Thursday, November 29, 2012

Last C4T

Flipped Class – a student perspective

My first assignment, I was assigned to read Jerrid W. Kruse blog.It is about a former middle school students who is now in high school & in a flipped classroom. Her words speak for themselves, but think her words speak to the state of science education well beyond the flipped class model.Her opinion on the flipped classroom varies for certain situations. She enjoys the freedom the flipped classroom gives her and she able to easily keep up with our everyday schedule. But, for students that have trouble learning from just a couple videos don’t do as well. She feels like every other day the teacher is spending the class period catching up the students who fell behind. This method really only benefits that small percentage of students who are able to memorize the notes they take on the videos we’re given.

My name is Hillary Hamlin. I am in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. As you know, we recently had to watch a video about a flipped classroom. I understand that many different teachers have their own way of “flipping a classroom,” but I don’t think the teacher is being helpful by any means. The teacher is not guiding them to learn something. I believe that the flipped classroom only needs to be assigned in certain subjects because sometimes it is difficult to help students reach a certain mastery level. Thank you for the insight

Emotional Sink of Teaching

For this comments for teachers assignment, I was assigned to read Jerrid W. Kruseblog. This semester he had all assignments be “learning experiences”. That is, the assignments were not graded in the traditional sense. When the students turned in assignments he provided extensive feedback for them to consider as they continue to learn. Then, four times throughout the semester he met with each student individually to discuss what they’d learned so far and what they could continue to work on. During these meetings he helped students become more and more adapt at self-assessing. Their final grade was self-assigned.


I am back again! Reading over some of your blog post and I found this one to be quite interesting! I know trying something different like feedback can be mind boggling, but it really seems like you take your work serious! I can only imagining after getting off having to go home and do it all over again, I know soon I will begin to get the taste of it! I am sure that you do get better and more efficient at giving that kind of feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment